Ohio’s legal aids are independent, nonprofit charities which work throughout Ohio to give voice to those in need. Ohio’s legal aids are geographically distinct and include:
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality and Legal Aid of Western Ohio, serving 32 counties in northwest Ohio including Allen, Ashland, Auglaize, Champaign, Clark, Crawford, Darke, Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Greene, Hancock, Hardin, Henry, Huron, Logan, Lucas, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, Ottawa, Paulding, Preble, Putnam, Richland, Sandusky, Seneca, Shelby, Van Wert, Williams, Wood, and Wyandot Counties.
- Community Legal Aid in the Akron, Canton, Youngstown area, serving Columbiana, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull and Wayne Counties.
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, serving southwestern Ohio in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties.
- The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, serving Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties along Lake Erie.
- The Legal Aid Society of Columbus, serving central Ohio in Delaware, Franklin, Madison, Marion, Morrow and Union Counties.
- Pro Seniors, representing elder Ohioans over 60 years old throughout the state.
- Southeastern Ohio Legal Services in southeastern Ohio serving Adams, Athens, Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Fairfield, Fayette, Gallia, Guernsey, Harrison, Hocking, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Knox, Lawrence, Licking, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto, Tuscarawas, Vinton, and Washington Counties.
Each of these organizations provides legal counsel and problem solving – at no cost to a client – to help them achieve justice for themselves and their families.